You are here
Prescriber Education That is Relevant, Case Based, and Addresses the Tough Issues
Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, Volume 45, Issue 2, February 2013, p328-329
- Summarize why risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMS) are necessary for opioid drugs.
- Effectively assess benefits and risks of prescribing extended release/long-acting (ER/LA) opioids.
- Define the concepts and federal and state regulations regarding effectively initiating, modifying dosing, and discontinuing ER/LA opioids.
- Apply strategies to effectively manage risk of side-effects, abuse, or diversion.
- Counsel patients and families about general characteristics, risks, and safe management of ER/LA opioids.
- Apply general information and specific characteristics of ER/LA opioids in practice.